Welcome to the inspiration age and you possess the power to do the inspiring! We are no longer simply in an information or technology age. This era is about people. Yes, we have tons of technology and it’s changing faster than we can keep up with. However, the tech, social networks, likes and clicks are nothing without people behind them, reading them, learning, growing and sharing.
6. Lowest common denominator technically challenged. We like to make it a goal within client organizations and teams that we will help the least technical or social savvy person. I love identifying up front who within the core team or stakeholder group is the most against or most intimidated about adopting social media. Usually if you can get to the heart of WHY they are not wanting to adopt the new way of communicating you can get to the heart of many other aspects within the organization that will help the entire team and project.
7. Connect. Are you helping them connect with others? Are they able to use social media in a way that is helping them connect with one another, with partners, colleagues, industry leaders and stakeholders? Can you now better connect with them via a tweet or Facebook status update?
8. Credibility. Have they gained recognition or achieved increased credibility from the work they have implemented while partnered with you? Do others now better count on them or trust them? Are they now able to better advise their peers or join new projects with an increased sense of empowerment, and credibility?
9. Integrity. Are you hurting or helping the integrity of your community, client teams and partners? Are you delivering projects on time and in budget so that as a result they also have integrity in the promises they make to peers, clients and stakeholders? Are you staying true to your word so they can stay true to theirs?
10. Achievement. Bottom line are your community members, partners, colleagues and clients achieving success? Are they reaching and surpassing their goals in both business and life?
I believe we must first inspire our audiences to connect with us. As they connect with us they learn, grow, inspire others and achieve their goals. As a result and by default, we then achieve our goals.
We must first focus on the goals of others before we can achieve our own. If we forget their goals we’re forgetting why we are in business in the first place.