If you want your marketing efforts to be more powerful and effective, you need to get them working together with your social media efforts. Most bloggers and online business owners have social media accounts and utilize buttons so website visitors can share their content. Do you have them on your own site? Do you ask people to share the information?
Content marketing is one your most important marketing tactics because good content drives traffic to your site. You also need to start using social media to your advantage. However, you do not want to go overboard. You need to share a few personal likes and dislikes once in awhile. No one wants to follow someone who markets continually. Be a real person as well as a marketer.
Here are a few ways to blend your content marketing and social media efforts.
1. Use linking. Each time you publish content on your site you should share it with your social network followers. You can tweet it, share it on Facebook, Google Plus and LinkedIn. There are many Word Press plugging that will do this for you automatically each time you publish something. It is also a good idea to go back once in awhile and re-share some of your best content.
2. Ask people to follow you. You can use widgets or graphic links to your social media profiles. Sometimes people do not automatically follow you just because you make it easy. You may have to ask once in awhile. You can put a text link in the body of your content if you would like.
3. Use sites that allow you to publish a full article. Some social sites like Facebook Fan Pages and LinkedIn will allow you to publish full articles. Make sure you link it back to your site to get more traffic. Alternatively, you can try posting a single paragraph to get people interested.
Try a bit of both to see what works best for you.
4. Share buttons. One of my favorites is Sexy Bookmarks. It gives you a ton of options and social sites to choose from and makes it easy for people to share your content.
5. Get social. This should be a no brainer, but we all forget to spend real time on social networks getting to know other people, sharing other people’s content and having a bit of fun. Most people love interesting images and funny jokes. Be sure to share things like that as well.